Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I Nearly Cried. . .and Wish I Had Taken a Picture Earlier







Yesterday was the anniversary of my mom's passing from lung cancer; she also had breast cancer. Her funeral was on the 8th of November. At the time, the church at which my then-husband pastored didn't even send a note or flowers; and no one visited from there. Yet when I picked up the girls from school yesterday, on the anniversary of Mom's passing, Eliza carried two packages wrapped in tissue paper and tied with a ribbon. She handed them to me and said I had to wait till I got home to open them. Anna Maria said Eliza had a special reason for making this present, but Eliza got embarrassed and didn't want to say. So AM said, "Eliza knew you were sad about Gramma Dot; she made this for you because she thought it would make you feel better." When I got home I pulled off the tissue paper. Two pint sized canning jars filled with hand-made bath salts -- made with food coloring-dyed Epsom salts, and lavender. Ooohhh, it smells so nice. Eliza and Magdalena know that I love my baths, that there in the tub with a magazine, hot chocolate and a snack, I often find comfort. I was so overwhelmed! I wish I had snatched a photo, but will have to do a posed one later and add it to this blog.

1 comment:

farmerswifederbymom said...

Oh honey, I'm so sorry. I'll be praying for you this week. I know how hard this is.