Thursday, November 13, 2008

Dreaming of some R&R

Five miles Tuesday evening, which I managed by envisioning an upcoming week of rest and recovery. Just one more class before break, a weekend without a race, no work in site except studying for the paralegal certification exams.

Classes ended last night as planned. And today was going to be finding my way through the piles in my office, a project in which I made more headway than planned yesterday. But then there was a note from my editor -- three story assignments. Good news, as there'll be no teaching income next week. And my running partner found a race for this weekend, so scratch that break as well. And my daughter is still waiting for that baby, so add a quick "run" to New York.

Well I guess I will just keep running through life -- figuratively and literally -- for a few more days. Today's race begins with an appointment at 9 a.m. and another at 1, an easy track run at 3:30 . . .

But I am taking a break tonight to watch a play! And tomorrow SHOULD be restful, once I leave the dentist's office in the morning.

No comments: