Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Midway Up Old Rag Mountain.

Butch and I ran one mile from the parking lot to the base of the trail at Old Rag Mountain, and then began climbing. . .the above photo is near the midway point of the 7.2 mile trail.
One of the views of the "Rock Scramble," which I think is a bit of a misnomer. We had to climb a series of boulders the size of the one in the center of this photo and wriggle through crevaces to get through what I would have called the "Rock Climb". Fortunately this part of the 5-hour hike only took about an hour or so, I'm guessing. Some of the footholds and handholds were just far enough apart that I needed a boost or a pull; and so did Butch. So we leapfrogged through this section.
Another photo of the midway point . . .we climbed some of these boulders and climbed up the side of this mountain.

1 comment:

steve said...

uhhh-nn (big whine) Yeah I'm whining and all shades of green with envy ! :-)