Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Bliss

Well, perhaps bliss is too strong a word. But today's run sure felt like bliss after the last week of high heat, high humidity runs. At 8 this morning, the temp was about 75 degrees, the humidity was still high, and weather.com still held out a high heat warning (anticipated index of 105 degrees). But a breeze made all the difference. I stopped my 5-mile-run three times to gulp some water, and on the third stop also doused myself to cool off a bit. I ran a 10:35 pace (52:55), which is not spectacular, but sure beats last weeks' 5-miler time of 1 hour and 8 minutes). Saturday's 7-miler was only a 10:56 pace, so I am pleased. Effort level makes this a tempo run, even though the pace doesn't agree.

1 comment:

steve said...

Bliss for me was a day like today (6/12) Just can't beat a run at the Seneca Lake front!!