Friday, June 13, 2008

7:57 mile. . .

I ran the predicted 1-mile, and the 5K race during the first of SVTC's annual track meets.
I've been doing speed work at an 8:15 minute mile pace, and haven't run faster than that since my second year running nearly five years ago now (I did one 7:30 mile at that time). Also since the temp was in the 80s and I've been running slower in the heat, I predicted an 8:15 mile. Instead I ran a 7:57, 18 seconds faster than predicted.
Then I ran a 5K at 26:15, or about an 8:30 pace at the back of the pack -- not last, but back of the pack. And I was the last female, last of 5 anyway. I don't know how old the others were. One said she was 45.
I don't really care that much about my placement as I run against me, and I think I ran very well compared to my usual times. So I am pleased with this, my first track experience.

1 comment:

steve said...

I'd love to have that 7:57 mile, Sis. Not sure if I could even do a whole mile in under 8'. I thought 8' miles were pretty fast (for me at least).