Sunday, April 20, 2008

Half Marathon Support Crew



Michael and his parents, Stephanie and Geoff, entertained me and my buddies Friday night before the Half Marathon. Stephanie fixed an awesome dinner of pork loin roast, salad and roast potatoes; and served home made fudge and ice cream for dessert.
The support I've had through my training has been pretty awesome. . .motorists in the Broadway, Timberville and Mayland area have given wide berth, creating a safe running environment. My daughters and their husbands are always encouraging cheerleaders. Other virtual and real time friends and family have encouraged and offered prayers. The law offices of Miller, Earle and Shanks, PLLC gave me Friday off, so I could make race preparations a day ahead and ease the prerace jitters and arrangements.
More on my support crew and the race are in the next post. But let me say thanks to everyone for allowing me to fulfill a dream!

1 comment:

steve said...

Yes!! Many thanks to Stephanie and Geoff for a wonderful meal and awesome hospitality :-)