Saturday, April 5, 2008

13 Mile Training Run

I ran from my front door, where this photo was taken, up over that first hill, up over the second hill and on past that cell phone tower (very light gray tower back of the telephone pole), and back in a 13-mile loop. I never broke stride, but ran the whole way; time was 2:16 (11 minute mile pace). My real-time running partner did the same run in about 2:30, and he, too, never broke stride.

Today's route took me past Beverly Holsinger Schwartzkopf's childhood home (General Schwartzkopf's wife) and along part of one year's Tour DePont's course.

While we ran in temps in the mid-50s, my virtual (NY) running partner did 9 miles at a bit under 10 minute mile pace in 45 degree weather.

And now the taper, and recovery . . . two weeks till the Half.

No comments: