Sunday, November 18, 2007

Turkey 5K in Bridgewater

Scenes taken before today's Turkey 5K (3.1 miles) in Bridgewater, where the winners received turkeys.
The scene above was near the halfway point. Although I enjoyed this view very much BEFORE the race, DURING the race I had to slow down a bit here because I feared I'd toss my cookies. Two p.m. races are a new experience, and I'm still learning how to do them. Last week I ate too little and got weak kneed and jelly-legged. This week I ate a tad bit TOO much.
At noon I drank luscious squash soup left over from last night's supper. I think that would have been enough (Anna Maria makes the best squash soup, painstakingly cutting up tons of carrots, onions, mushrooms and squash before cooking, and then pureeing the finished soup smooth). But an hour later, still feeling hungry and there being an hour remaining before the race, I added an energy bar.
Even so I DID come in second in the female 50-59 group; and even my fastest ever 5K time wouldn't have brought me close to the winner. And I beat last week's time by one second. Temp according to thermometer on the rental car I drove was 51 degrees.


No comments: