Sunday, November 18, 2007

Designer of Cool Hats

I've told my coworkers and friends that I always wear a white hat with my pony tail hanging out the back when I run. And the comments back are something akin to the fact that everybody does! So I handed Eliza (age 6) my running cap Saturday and asked her if she'd design something for me. She seemed a bit nervous at first..."How would I do that?"
I said I was thinking that a permanent marker might do the trick. I got the marker and cap from my bag and put them on the table. She asked, "And where will you wear this hat?" I said, "I always wear it when I run...and I want it to look different from everyone else's so people can find me."
Eliza got to work, first printing my name, "Grammie Nete" (what else?) on the bill. She then added "feet with wings." And a runner...she then added grass, flowers, sun....And on the back it says, "Go! Run!"
The nearly-completed design....I LOVE the comic runner, and the winged feet. I should have taken a photo of the completed design, but must have have gotten distracted. I wore the cap for the first time in today's race and was so proud.

No comments: