Monday, November 26, 2007

Dad


Photo above: D&D as my siblings have nicknamed Dad and Delores.

Though Dad's actual birthday isn't until December 14, we celebrated over Thanksgiving weekend as that's when I could get there. When my siblings asked Dad what he wanted for his birthday he said, "Just get Nete here; I want all my kids here for my birthday." So as one of his presents they all went together to buy my plane ticket. Dad's request is a bit overwhelming because historically my dad and I have never gotten along. Over the last few years though there's been a change. He even makes sure he says, "I love you" when he ends a phone call.

Besides my plane ticket and presence, all of my siblings were there. And Dad received the jacket and wallet (in the photo below) as presents as well. Except for hitting a cow as he headed for home, and getting a busted lip when the airbag inflated, I think Dad had a very good day. Several friends dropped in. Grandson Noah even made a special card.

No comments: