Monday, December 31, 2007

EOY "Stats"

God IS good; sometimes we see it and the rest of the time we live by faith.

The following are times over the last year when I saw God's goodness:

Total Miles Ran in 2007: 431 (343 of those after 7/1). Grand total of miles run (since beginning in 2004): 1663.5

Total Number of Races: 4
Fastest 5K 27:44 (8:56 pace) - first place in group
Fastest & First 10 Miler: 1:47:33 (10:46 pace) - 2d place in group

January 2007 - job interview in Albuquerque, NM. What a beautiful city and an awesome time in the mountains. I really hoped I'd get to live there, but God said, "No."

April 2007 - B.S. in paralegal studies summa cum laude
- Began full-time job (first time in about 10 years)
- Moved into apartment (with a lot of help from my friends) & "self-sufficient" again. Blessed by being near my oldest daughter, her family & the grandkids

September 2007 - received another son-in-law (Welcome, Chad!).
- raced in Crosswinds 5K, and quick visit with old friends in Canandaigua NY

November 2007 - celebration of Dad's 80th birthday in Iowa with birth family

December 26, 2007 - Christmas with both my girls and their families at the same time!

December 28, 2007 - accepted paralegal position (what I studied for) in Harrisonburg, where I'll be even closer to my daughter & grandkids, closer to the crew I've run with, more available for jail ministry, AND closer to the mountains!!!

December 28, 2007 - January 1, 2008 - My youngest daughter called about a week ago. Between sobs, she asked what was going on. Having felt a tremendous urgency to pray, she said she had been intensely interceding in my behalf. She said, at the time, that she had broken through and knew that victory had been won; but she wondered, "Victory over what?" I have since received a clarity of vision and purpose such as I have not enjoyed for years. It's almost as if there's a Power Point presentation in my head, showing how the pieces of a multitude of things in which I've been involved in might now come together. The pieces are starting to fit. It seems that my years in the "dark night of the soul," are about to end. A friend said to me last week that God's been telling him, "Wait...be patient." I've been trying to "wait...be patient" for years; perhaps now the waiting time is nearly over and it will soon be time to "get to work."

No comments: