Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas with friends...

My neighbor and co-worker lives across the hall in a two-bedroom with her son. She has a living room, but no dining space. I have a dining/quasi living room. She made a feast of prime rib, and enough food to feed a squadron. I opened up my gate leg table; she arranged the center piece and I helped set the table. When her son and girlfriend came over, she opened her main door and I opened mine; and we all just sort of pretended we lived together in one big flat--milling about and wandering from place to the other! It was great -- appetizers and goodies on her coffee table; the feast spread out on a card table and shelf on mine. And we all ate together around my table. I took this photo before everyone arrived, but when the kids and the girlfriend arrived, I got so caught up in the conversation I forgot to take a photo of the people. I made cheesecake for dessert and ended up sending it home with everyone; no one had room for it but it is the boys' favorite, so they'll have some later.

No comments: