Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Eve and Christmas Morning

As part of the kids' Christmas gift, I went down on Christmas eve and helped them get ready for oodles of company coming in the day after Christmas. I got too tired to go home, so I just stayed over. When we discussed this idea, Maggie said, "But I bet you don't have any clothes."
I laughed and said, "Y'know Grammie; I never leave home without extra clothes...."
The little girls shared their room. Maggie gave up her bed and slept on a mattress on the floor -- for about half the night! Then she crawled in with me. Then Liza woke up with a cough, so I got her a cough drop and she crawled in.
I went to sleep looking out the window at the cow pasture and STARS!!! I never get to see the stars in Staunton, too much light pollution. And it was so quiet -- no yelling in the street, loud pipes (on cars) or roaring music.


A bit more than seven years later and they love each other more than ever. When I said something about this, Anna Maria said, "We'd better!" And it's true. When people really put something into a marriage, as they both do, it does pay off.
Eliza, with the contents of her stocking -- craft projects, chap stick and SARDINES (the girls love them)! Maggie, below, got the same thing. Both girls also got some real neat art supplies from their parents.
Me? the kids gave me a cast iron pot and lid, for home kitchen and camping; and a pot holder, kitchen towels (I had none) and rags (sounds strange, but I needed them!) for the kitchen. I've been looking for a cast iron pot for years, but they were always just out of my price range. AM said she found mine at an antique store, and reasonably priced. Photos of Chad and Sam's wedding, and a photo collage were my fun gifts.

No comments: