Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Siblings

My brothers would live outside, and preferably on the river, if they could. I snatched this photo from my little brother Anth's blog (he's on the far right); I have no idea when or where it was taken. But they're being their typical selves (except serious). They love to fish, and have caught some mighty fine tasting catfish. Baby Bro (Per) is man enough to let me call him that and is on the far left; he got that name cause he's the "baby" of the family and you "youngests" know that you NEVER outgrow that even if, as in this case, you grow up to be the tallest in the family. My Big Bro, the oldest (Paul) is in the middle. Obviously "Big", "Little" and "Baby" are about birth order -- not the size of their hearts or anything else. My sibs are the best anyone could have.
Me on the other hand? Though second oldest (2d from left), I ended up being the "runt" of the litter. Nonetheless when I call Per on the phone I always ask, "Hey Baby Bro, what's up?" And he always answers, "Not much, Big Sis, what about you?" (Son-in-law Steven took this photo at a nephew's wedding within the last three years).

No comments: