Sunday, October 7, 2007

Granddaughter's Haven -- an Update

I sold my car and then needed a place for all the camping equipment previously stored inside. The only logical place was the bookshelves along the wall perpendicular to my closet. But, alas, that's Maggie's and Eliza's special place. So I didn't want to mess with that too much and have them no longer feel at home when visiting. After some contemplation on the problem, I bought some additional shelving, which I then covered with curtains made from a painter's drop cloth. And the shutter that had been used as one of the former shelves of the previous and smaller book shelf fits quite nicely on the radiator, which will make that a much more comfortable seat for Maggie, who loves to sit there and look out the window. The little girls' sketch pads, drawing pens and pencils, will go in the crates next to the radiator -- still easily accessible to them and still within easy reach. And don't tell them this little secret -- another thing stashed behind those curtains is their Christmas presents, gifts from me, and Auntie Ana and Uncle Chad.

No comments: