Friday, July 6, 2007

The Wharf at Night


Played a bit tonight with the night setting on my camera. This photo was taken from the wooden walkway above the train tracks at The Wharf. The tour guide, a few weeks back, didn't know how this section of town got its name. But Amtrak picks up waiting travelers seated on benches beneath the pavilion parallel to the tracks; the small building with the green gabel is the Amtrak ticket station. The large brown building behind it is The Mill Street Grill, where diners can find some great ribs on the first floor (hidden behind the ticket station).

3 comments:

Mark Turuk said...

night photography = good tripod + remote shutter cable. best lesson I ever learned. :)

steve said...

Hey I was on this bridge during one of my explorations. Of course that was during the day. What a spectacular view at night!!!

Anieta McCracken said...

To the imp: I HAVE a tripod, but was too lazy to get it out of the car. I don't know if my digital is remote shutter cable capable or not, but it would have helped.