Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Dana

One of my best friends in Canandaigua was Dana Simon. She moved farther north and I saw her less often, and then I moved much farther south and...
Over the last couple weeks she had been on my mind especially strong, and I found myself praying for her often. Then last week I got an e-mail message from her sister saying that Dana was relatively fine (bruises) but that she had been in a car accident; somebody turned right smack in front of her. Both airbags deployed. Dana sent these photos in an e-mail today and said, "I think that the angels impersonated as air bags." From the photos it appears to me that this accident was what my sheriff-uncle called a T-bone, and in his pre-airbag days, he often said T-bones usually caused some nasty injuries. I think it's cause the body gets whipped twice
--from the side impact, and front and back as the car stops forward momentum. Well, I am sure thankful God protected Dana from serious injury.

No comments: