Monday, July 16, 2007

Turning 50 -- Camping Decadence

Nelson had made and brought an absolutely wonderful glutin-free chocolate cake with coconut-chocolate frosting. It tasted a lot like the German chocolate cakes Mom baked now and again when I was a kid.

Nelson did the birthday celebration in stages - he gave me the roses Friday night, and then he asked if I'd like to share my birthday with others. I said, "sure," but with a bit of hesitancy. That's when he handed me the card, with about 25 signatures from my friends at Crosswinds Wesleyan Church in Canandaigua, and signatures from my former neighbors . Nelson and my friend Camelia gathered those signatures! And another phase was the gift of the plaque with the inscription, "May the Lord bless and keep you," part of a blessing we often recite together.

No comments: