Friday, July 6, 2007

Coming Out Party...


Geoffrey, Michael Geoffrey and Stephanie Glass


Michael Geoffrey Glass came out from his hiding place in the womb. His mom said he was born "at 1:46 am on July 5th. He weighs 6 lbs 5 oz and was 19 inches long. He was exactly 3 weeks early. Everyone is doing fine. Active labor lasted 5 hours. Not too bad for a first child."


Interestingly enough I felt a strong urge to pray for Stephanie and Michael on the Fourth of July. (Stephanie and my oldest daughter were best friends in junior high and have remained close since; see earlier post in June archives, "Baby Shower in Charlottesville" 1 June 2007). I didn't know why I felt the need to pray, as I was pretty sure that little Michael's arrival wasn't due for a few more weeks, but I prayed anyway and then, the next day, saw on my e-mail that little Michael had come. Another reminder to pray for folks whenever they come to mind...many times we don't learn why we prayed, but every now and then, God lets us know and, in so doing, reminds us that we are partnering with God when we pray. What a privilege!

No comments: