Monday, July 16, 2007

7/14/07 -- Campfire Supper

The wood was perfect for a nice small cooking fire. We carefully wrapped about $25 worth of ribs in three layers of foil and buried them in coals -- and waited for them to cook. Our mouths watered as we remembered many such foil baked meals in the past -- hamburger, potato and veggie roasts; salmon (a personal favorite); scrambled eggs, hashbrowns and ham. I have even made many successful from-scratch pizzas in the fire.

But the ribs ended up being a burnt offering! Ah well...we had much better success with the salmon and veggies. They were perfect. (Poor Nelson! he had planned so hard for this trip, as a present to me...) I have to put the blame for this fiasco 100% on myself though. I have never cooked ribs before ... period. I know exactly what I'd do next time.

No comments: