Saturday, July 4, 2009

Second DNR of the Year

I was counting on running the New Market Firecracker again this year. I enjoyed it so much last year, but alas! it was not to be. Yesterday I rode my bike down to the church to weed the flower bed and put an equal amount of barf and weeds in the throw away bag, and then road my bike home just in time to barf some more. I spent the rest of the day in bed or in the bathroom, so just didn't have the strength to run today. I'm not sure if a DNR (did not run) is better or worse than a DNF (did not finish). But I opted for the DNR instead of risking a DNF.
My friends, though, did very well. Katy ran with two-year-old Ryan in a jogging stroller and ran the race in about 45 minutes. Butch wasn't too far behind, and took second place in his age group. Joe Rudmin took fourth. Rich beat his son -- but only because Max wasn't feeling very well himself.
Next week is the Shenandoah Five Miler. We'll see what happens then, I reckon.

No comments: