Thursday, February 21, 2008

A Special Space

As I was moving from Staunton, Magdalena patted and hugged the radiator and wide window sill in front of the window in my bedroom and said, "Hmmmm, I wish these could go with us."

Alas! I, too, knew the girls would need a special place at Gramma's new space and wondered what might fulfill the need. A friend of Anna Maria's sold me this wooden computer desk, and it fit perfectly between my bookshelves. And a baseboard heater is behind the desk, in front of the window to keep them warm and toasty (don't worry! I pulled the desk out far enough to allow efficient heating). With the pillow, Magdalena is happy as can be sitting on the desk, with her back to the bookshelves. Eliza loves sitting on the chair at the desk. The two girls have already spent hours coloring, reading, eating, and creating projects there.

No comments: