Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Guardian


This photo is a still taken from one of my son-in-law's video projects. I can play that video again and again, and each time I still love it. This photo by itself reminds me of that video. Because the photo has been aged to make the lion look ancient, this photo also makes me think of Aslan in the book, The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. In front of that is a gift from my friend Dana, and it says, "May the Lord bless you and keep you. . ." When I talked about setting up this area near my front door, AM said, about the lion, "like a guardian." Ah yes, that summed up my thoughts well. The lion reminds me most of all of The Guardian of our Paths, the one who blesses and keeps us. So this display serves as a reminder that I don't go anywhere alone. In fact I often pause here, on my way out of the house, say, "Here we go, God. I don't know what's going to happen next, but I know you're going with me. "
And the basket? Well it's the guardian and keeper of the daily necessities -- house and car keys, receipts for filing later, my running watch . . .

1 comment:

steve said...

I look forward to seeing "the Guardian" in person. (Hope he likes me, not as food of course)
-Steve