Saturday, August 4, 2007

3/4 of "my girls"


Anna Maria, Magdalena and Eliza wind down after a busy day regrouping and "moving" back home after a month away.
They and Steven returned from Newfoundland this week. I spent Friday evening chilling with them all -- looking at some amazing photos that Steven took, chatting, learning why they REALLY went to Newfoundland. Not being in the academic world, it's taken forever for me to understand this at all. But I think I've got it straight now. Steven set up a cross cultural interdisplinary option for Eastern Mennonite students. A cross cultural experience is one of EMU's requirements, and next summer, a three to four week stint in Newfoundland will be one of the options, thanks to this trip.
Tonight was also a late birthday party. Magdalena gave me a birthday present of shells, seeds, sea urchins, and crab claws, etc. that she had been collecting over the four weeks. Eliza gave me another picture (besides the one she e-mailed me earlier), and today she drew another one that she'd like me to scan into my computer so I can a copy it to her house computer.

No comments: