Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Gypsy Hill Park & "Target" Practice


Gypsy Hill Park is, apparently, the happening place for Stauntonians who want to enjoy the outdoors. For me it was an opportunity to cycle and practice photography using my new camera. The park was crowded with ball players, runners, cyclists, walkers....In fact I caught a couple co-workers in the very act of exercising after work, but I agreed not to publish their photo.

Ducks and geese lollygagging in the shade...this time I remembered to change the camera's settings!

Click on the above photo to enlarge it, and you'll see two geese in front of the duck-/geese-house. Do you think they've found enough shade beneath this willow?

Gigunda goldfish...easily a foot, maybe even 1 1/2 feet long. There were several -- obviously used to be fed yummy morsels from the 5 cent feeder nearby. Every time I bent to get a photo, they swam right up to the camera. I couldn't "shoot" more than one, nor could I get him near an object that would have provided a perspective on size.

No comments: