Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Security Blanket Returns

Last Sunday was a nice break from the cold, but high winds and cold temps have combined to make this week another mostly miserable week for running. Even so we did manage a couple 5Ks, though I'm back to wearing my security blanket sweatshirt. It's been a very cold, deep snow winter and I'm ready for it to end. I want to run the March Madness 5K in Gypsy Hill Park in a couple weeks and, with the running I've been doing, I fear it truly will be a run instead of a race.
Train to race or race to train -- that was the question raised in a Running Journal article this week. I think I am primarily a train to race person; I want to train hard so that I can race well. Others, like my running partner Butch, race to train. He uses races as speed work. If I was more like him, I'd be less stressed about the upcoming March Madness 5K. Instead I am stressed for fear I won't run well instead of being excited about an opportunity for a 5K training run.

No comments: