Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Bringing Home the Gold. . .and the Silver. . .

The Senior Games officially began with the lighting of the torch near the end of a banquet held at Deep Run Recreation Center (the rear of the building is in the photo below).

I brought home four gold medals (for the 200, 800 and 1500 meter in track and field; and a 5K road race) and Butch brought home three silvers. I actually won the 800 meter women's race. I felt like I was watching someone else's life, and kept thinking the other two women would surely pass me at some point. But they didn't. That's the first race I won.
Butch won silver medals for placing second in his age group in the men's division of the 800 and 1500 meter track events, and Sunday's 5K road race. 

1 comment:

steve said...

Way to go people!! Just wondering what events you both medaled in? Sprints, middies, distance events? Are age groups factored in?