Sunday, December 7, 2008

Paralegal Certification Exam

Well I'd have rather run a half marathon than take that test.  Sitting still goes against my grain, but I noticed it was hard for the proctor.  He refilled his drink bottle half way through each exam, and the entire time he sat in front of the room, his feet were tapping.  While it may have been nerve wracking to some, it actually calmed me -- it helped me to know I wasn't the only one having trouble sitting still. 

Morning exams didn't seem too rough, but afternoons were.  On the first day, I had plenty of time for the exam, so I actually closed my eyes for about five minutes and took a break.  On the second day, I got up and took a walk down the hall, grabbed some water, and returned to finish. And after two days of sitting, my post-test three-mile run on the track at the First Market Stadium at the University of Richmond was especially sweet (it is being demolished beginning Monday).  

Runners always want to know the results of a "race" the same day; we're not real patient when it comes to late results.  But sometimes we have to behave in a way contrary to nature, and sometimes those late results are good news -- like this week I received a plaque for earning first place in my age group at the breast cancer race.  I sure hope my February surprise is a similar outcome and I that I learn I'm one of the 60-70% who passed, as I won't be reimbursed for my expenses until February.

 

No comments: