Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Slow, slow run. . .

One advantage of running is that it's a great way to measure your physical and mental health. I've been sick since Saturday's race and though I ran a 10 minute mile pace Sunday night, my belly issues got a lot worse quickly afterward. Apparently I was more ill than I realized, or at least my illness weakened me more than I realized, since my three-mile easy run this morning took 39:35. I figured I'd run slow, but a 13:13 pace!
Well now that I know more clearly what I'm up against, I also have a better understanding of what I need to do to get well. And part of getting well will be letting Butch do a lot of the driving to New York tomorrow so I can rest. I have done the Crosswinds 5K twice before, and am so looking forward to running it with my virtual and real time running buddies on Saturday. And my editor has granted time off, so I have an incentive to do well as an expression of gratitude.

No comments: