Monday, July 28, 2008

Sweet Dreams

Pre-race Photos: Another scene of another spot in rural Virginia. This one near the half mile point of the Sweet Dreams 5K in Stuarts Draft, a race that began at 7:30 a.m. on Saturday, July 26. While I ran this 5K, baby bro (Austin Perry) was running The Bix in Davenport, a feat he finished in 47:20, an incredible 6:45 pace. He's 41. I am so proud of him; he's worked so hard! And on Friday night nephew Eli took 4th place in his age group at the kids' Bix. So it was a virtual racing weekend for me and my family of origin. Oh! my time was 26:08, an 8:25 mile pace.
Near the beginning looking back toward the start.
Another hill to climb. . .
and another race run . . .
Runners warming up . . . doesn't take much when it's already high 70s, low 80s at 7:30 a.m.

No comments: