Friday, July 25, 2008

27 Down; 23 to Go

When I mentioned the number of races I've run so far this year, a couple club members suggested I join the 50 Plus Club. Butch was the first, and I thought he was just joking. But then someone else did. I did a few minutes of web surfing, and found a link. He and I have both been scurrying now to actually find races in which to participate.

But back to the club itself. . .

It turns out that James Moreland, out of the D.C. area, founded this club. There is an annual dinner; and there are awards for those who win 50 races in the same category. . . . Well, you can see all the details for yourself by checking out his web site at: http://www.racepacket.com/james/50plus.htm James Moreland.

Nonetheless I'm now counting down. Two races last night (one a record setting 7:55 mile) made 27 races, and 23 left to go.

No comments: