Wednesday, September 5, 2007

D&D

D&D is the nickname my youngest brother used for the folks in a recent e-mail. Delores met and married my dad not too long after my mom died of cancer, about four years ago and the same time I started running. Running helped me cope with the stress of those days and Delores has helped Dad cope as well. They came out to NY (from Iowa) for Sam's wedding, and this was the second time I saw Delores. They spent a couple days before the wedding with Sam, who had never met Delores. Here they are enjoying Nelson's patio in Canandaigua (NY), which he built primarily for me so I could study outside in the fresh air instead of being cooped in my room all day. I helped build the "fence," which used to be a pallet from a factory. The design and most of the work, however, was Nelson's.

No comments: