Sunday, June 24, 2007

Victory...

If you click on this picture to enlarge it, you'll see there's actually a stream behind the shrubbery. This photo was taken near the beginning of a 4 mile run/walk. Again 50% hills. I was ecstatic, as this was the first four mile run since coming to Staunton and this run made this a 10-mile week. Before a fall in November 2005, I regularly ran 10-15 miles per week. Now I can do it again. And while this week's times were slow and hard, I have reached my distance goal. Now I can work on speed again. I'm working hard, as I want to run with my New York friends in the Crosswinds 5K , which benefits the Sands Cancer Center.
The Crosswinds 5K has one long hill near the end of the course, making it a challenging favorite. I am hoping that all this hill running in Staunton will make THAT course seem like a break from the hills here!

No comments: