Friday, May 6, 2011

Sweet Victory

Last week as Magdalena and I snuggled up to tackle homework, she suddenly looked up at me.
"Grammie, I keep forgetting to tell you something. . .I made 100 miles."
So now both girls have reached their 100 mile by the end of the school year goals! And there's still another month left of school.
And now that they are wearing shorts, I can see that their beginning of the school year coltish legs have turned strong and muscular. Not wanting them to lose any of that development, I asked about their summer goals.
"I don't real like competing," Eliza said.
So races aren't on her to do list.
"What about running at all?" I asked. "Still want to do some of that?"
Yes, most definitely.
"I have an idea. What about running the trail at the campground when we camp?"
One vote in favor (Eliza); one vote against (Magdalena). For Eliza and me, running has been added to the list. For Magdalena, there's playground time. For all of us, there's swimming. Oh and to get it all in, camping trips are tentatively extended to two day events--pending approval from Momma and Daddy.


1 comment:

steve said...

Incredible that these "young ones" can reach such a huge goal!