Sunday, March 8, 2009

Half Marathon Aftermath -- One Week Later

Three of five blisters are healing nicely. And as you can barely see, my middle toe is still a bit dark, but I don't need a gel toe cap on it in order to walk without pain. And the blisters on my heel are completely healed.

I got the idea of posting this photo after seeing a Runners' World photo of a runner's feet after he had run 100 miles. Anyway the point of this blog entry is to solicit any tips anyone has on how to avoid this problem. I've tried mole skin, blister pads, changing shoes. . . Just yesterday I read that duct tape works, so I'm trying that on my next long run.  I also read that over pronation might cause the problem, so, if the duct tape doesn't work (maybe even if it does), I'm also going to look for the recommended insoles that protect from that.

1 comment:

steve said...

ouch! that looks painful. Sorry I don't have any tips for ya, Sis.